How do I install an SSL Certificate for cloud web hosting?
- Login to your Sectorlink control panel. Go to "Websites" and click the domain where you want to add the SSL certificate.
- Fill out the CSR form with your domain's company information. The "Description" field is entirely arbitrary and for your reference only. Unless you need otherwise, the "Organization department/division" field can usually be left as it's default value. Click "Generate CSR" once finished.
- You should now see a new entry for the Description you entered in the above step. Click the Description to view it.
- At this point, you will need to purchase a certificate from a SSL provider (for example, via the Sectorlink homepage). The exact steps will vary depending on the provider, however, during the order/configuration process, they will ask you for a CSR. Copy/paste it in from the "CSR" box on this page. Be sure to include the "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----" lines.
- Once your SSL order has been completed, your provider will send you a Certificate / Intermediate (CA) bundle via email, or make it available through their control panel interface. Return to the above page in your Sectorlink control panel. Copy/paste your certificate into the "Certificate" field and Save. Then copy/paste the Intermediate (CA) certificate into the "CA Certificate" field and Save.
- Click "Return to Certificates" at the top to return to the previous page. Click the radio button to the left of your certificate Description and click "Enable Certificate". Note: if you already have a certificate enabled, you will first need to disable it.