The setup for both IMAP and POP3 is the same so for the purposes of this guide, we will use POP3.
- Tap the upward pointing arrow to get to the app menu
- Tap on the Email icon
- Enter your email address and password, then tap Next
- Select POP3 account
- Enter your Username (this is your e-mail address), Password, POP3 server (mail.domain.com, etc) and Port (default 110)
- Click on Security type; a new window will pop up and allow you to select the level of encryption (None). Select None.
- Once the Security type has been selected the pop up window will close and you can continue to the next step
- Select when to delete email from server; the options are "Never" or "When I delete from Inbox", then tap Next
- Enter outgoing SMTP server settings, which consist of SMTP Server, Port 25 or 2525, Security type (None)
- Outgoing or SMTP server requires you to login check the box next to Require sign-in, enter your username (this is your e-mail address) and password, and tap the Next button
- Select email checking frequency and notification options
- Finally, name the account and input your display name
Email will begin synchronizing once the credentials and server information is entered correctly.
Once the setup has been completed, you are presented with a list of your messages. While viewing the message list, you are also able to change the settings that are assigned to this account by tapping the Menu icon -- which is directly to the left of the Home icon -- and then tapping Account settings. The following options are available:
- Account name
- Your name
- Email check frequency
- Default account (make the current account the default email account on your DROID)
- Email notifications
- Select Ringtone
- Incoming settings (to modify IMAP or POP3 server settings)
- Outgoing settings (to modify SMTP server settings)
The menu icon also gives you more options which include refresh, compose, folders, accounts and account settings.